Introduction -NAm Sang Wai
Nam Sang Wai is ⋯⋯
- Nam Sang Wai is a picturesque wetland and situated in the eastern part of Yuen Long.
- Besides,Nam Sang Wai covers a three main areas－Shan Pui River in the west,the Kam Tin River in the east and the south part.
- It is separated from Yuen Long Industrial Estate.
- It is a place of "Migratory Bird Paradise".
- Nam Sang Wai is a large piece of wetland with mangroves and reeds. We can see and enjoy many various migrating water birds here in early spring or late autumn,such as seagulls.
Historical Background - Nam Sang Wai
Nam Sang Wai was⋯⋯
- Nam Sang Wai was part of the tidal marshlands and reached Au Tau and Yuen Long Kau Hui .
- In 1930s, Nam Sang Wai was reclaimed by the burning of mangroves and the building of bunds.
- In 1965s, the government allowed the development in the southern part of Nam Sang Wai for commercial and residential purposes.
- The Yuen Long Industrial Estate,Fairview Park and Tin Shui Wai New Town were built by filling up fish ponds in the 1980s.
- The Fu family － owned Nam Sang Wai for over half a century.
- According to policy of government, the Nam Sang Wai area is one of the 13 environmentally sensitive sites and can be used for a Private-Public Partnership (PPP) approach.
- Besides, it can used for low-density residential development and it did not have any ecological value.
- In recent years,more people are Calling for wetland protection and objecting to residential developments in Nam Sang Wai.
- In fact,Nam Sang Wai became a more higher ecological value and established roost of 2-3,000 Great Cormorants and we should protect it.
cultural heritage and landscape － Nam Sang Wai (Amazing Natural Landmark)
Nam Sang Wai is important⋯⋯
In cultural and social aspects,
In cultural and social aspects,
- It is an unique beautiful and irreplaceable place and we have to take the responsibility for preserving it for our next generation.
- Nam Sang Wai can provide another important and natural area for people with viewing its bountiful habitats to release their pressure.
- This is a lovely place for our local photographers. Besides,It may be the best place to enjoy eco-tours in Hong Kong.
- It is a ideal place to observe the wetland ecosystem and for education usage.
- The place became more popular for local visitors such as cycling,walking the dog and picnic.
- There have been many ancient Chinese dramas filmed in Nam Sang Wai and became an iconic background for photo shooting,like little bridge and pond.
- Nam Sang Wai is one of the few remaining traditional villages and it can attract visitors to come and visit.
- It can become one of the attractions for visitors.
- The neighborhood atmosphere is friendly and villagers trust each other in Nam Sang Wai.
- It can support sustainable development of our community.
- It is an irreplaceable landscape and We should introduce it to public.
- It is full of cultural, educational and natural values place and it should be maintained and enriched for our future generations.
- It is a nice gathering spot for your friends and family (Social Connection).
Dear my friend,
For me,this place is a secret garden for me to relax.In there,i felt peacful and wonderful!!!
Moreover, it is a Hong Kong’s last piece of "pure land’.
You can do everything here - picnic,playing party game with friends,cycling,take a nap on the grassland,etc.
This place is important for me and Hong Kong people to escape from urban area and feel the nature!!!
It provided me a chance to try traditional cable boat.
And it let me know the ecology of wetland and mangroves in there.
This secret place is very important to many Hong Kong people to feel the nature.We should not miss it.
Chung man sze,Mandy.
How to get there?
You just need to follow few steps to come here ^_^:
(1) Take the MTR to Yuen Long
(2) Find exit G1 or G2
(3) Take Kowloon Motor Bus 76K on Long Yat Road when you across from the MTR station.
(4) You should Get off at Hung Mo Bridge bus stop at Castle Peak Road (紅毛橋 HUNG MO KIU stop).
(5) Find Nam Sang Wai Road to the starting point.